VeinOPlus helps treat Limb Pain, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Venous Stasis Ulcers, Edema, Claudication Limb Pain, Post Thrombotic Syndrome, Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD), and More.
Qualifying the VeinOPlus™ Device for Medicare and/or Private Insurance.
To Qualify, Physician notes must document:
Diagnosis: Disuse Muscle Atrophy.
- Disuse muscle atrophy due to ____________________ (cause).
- Nerve supply is intact with the calf muscle.
Decreased calf muscle pump function due to:
- Restricted ankle flexion with off-loading appliances, Unna boot, or bandages
- Limited to being bedridden or wheelchair bound
- Reduced ROM due to joint stiffness
- Restricted ambulation due to limb pain, Diabetic foot ulcer, venous stasis ulcer, edema, claudication limb pain, post thrombotic syndrome, conditions involving peripheral arterial disease, muscular dystrophy, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
Specifying the above in progress notes will help meet insurance requirements in qualifying for the VeinOPlus™ Vascular Device.